Sunday, November 12, 2017

af: Education Essay

A thousand apologies, Kids.  After scoring papers at the district office on Thursday,  I went home feeling lousy -- went to bed very early and woke up on Friday with a full blown rhinovirus -- it was awful.  Whenever I am healthy, I forget how awful it is to catch a cold.  I was thick-headed and dopey all weekend.  Yippee.

So here are the specifics of the education essay -- very simple:

  • 1000-1250 words  (3.2 - 4 pages in length)
  • 12-point Times New Roman
  • 1.5 spacing, 1" margins (if the paper looks "off", I get out a ruler and check)
  • No title page or works cited page required UNLESS you are introducing a source I have not assigned or introduced to you (Caine's Arcade is OK; Parker Palmer will require you to create a works cited page)
  • Perfect MLA format
For your FIRST DRAFT:
  • First drafts are a complete mish mash; don't worry about perfection here.  Perfection is the voice of the oppressor.  Just get ideas out of your head.  
  • However:
    • Make sure you are answering the prompt you have chosen
    • Make sure you have a thesis statement
Gosh, I'd love to stay and say more, but my Chromebook needs to go to sleep and recharge its battery, and so do I.  This is plenty of information to get you to Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.