Are you a little confused?
Frankly, so was I. So I made this beautiful spreadsheet, and now I understand things much better. I had to make some revisions to assignment categories and values to make the entire thing reasonable.
So far, there are 50 performance points on the table, and the final product itself will then count for another 50 points, giving the paper its appropriate weight. Also, the value is split between process and product, which I like, and rewards thoughtful peer reviews.
Record of Assignment (RofA) is the category that does not immediately change the grade, but gets worked in to the Quarterly Participation grade, where it has significant weight.
You'll note that Notebook or Google Doc work is also in there, and must be available on demand. That's worth 15 in participation, so it will matter. There's a few extra credit points in there (barely worth mentioning), and one YES/NO grade -- worth a couple of participation points. Not much, but in a powerful category.
If you notice something that doesn't seem fair, or doesn't make sense, let's talk about it. This is my first time through this assignment, and I'm open to your feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.