- Timothy Cherpes
Friday, September 22, 2017
A Lack of Creativity
While reading "Is Creativity Endagered", I found myself agreeing with Susan Linn. She states that the reason the latest generation is lacking in creative thoughts is because they always have stimulus due to technology. I too feel like the reason kids aren't bring creative is because they never have enough down time to think for themselves. In the early years of life, time without anything to do is what helps build the creative and imaginative part of the brain. Kids are forced to come up with their own time fillers and things to keep themselves occupied. As we get older, I feel like the opportunities to be creative become more sparse. In high school, there's little room for creativity to flourish. Students are told what to do and how to do it. It is important for kids to be creative when they are young because creativity is less popular in adults. If we made kids spend less time on phones and tablets and more time making pillow forts and having lightsaber fights, creativity could be rekindled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that the latest generation is lacking in creative thoughts because they always have stimulus due to technology. For instance, when an individual needs an idea for a Halloween costume, he or she usually turns to Google to find "creative" ideas. I would have to admit that I have done that before!
ReplyDeleteI also agree with you,Timothy, and Alice. The later/latest generations are lacking in the creative thought process. Their minds are being filled with nonsense and technological advances. The most important things in their minds have to do with their IPhones and Androids. They want the latest updates and can access it whenever they want. Although, I myself am also guilty of this as well. It, to me, is fun and intriguing, for there are always new things to find.
ReplyDelete