Friday, September 22, 2017

Reach Out and Grab it

After reading "Is Creativity Endangered", I think I agree with Richard Florida's perspective more than the other authors. Some people state we are losing creativity, but I believe that it's all around us, but we don't always notice. In fact, if we were truly losing our creativity, nothing new would be developed like more advanced cars and improved phones. Creativity is an important part of our lives. Florida argues we still have a lot more creativity in us and will continue using it to further advance our lives.  Overall, I feel that my beliefs fall closest in line with Florida's because he states creativity is all around us, we just have to take advantage of it.
-Kaleb Stephenson

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you in the regard that creativity is still around us, but we aren't optimizing it. However, I also feel that creativity is not nearly as "popular" as it used to be. Kids would rather have a phone than legos, a tablet instead of Lincoln logs. Creativity has been put on hold, only to be used when it is needed. If we want to use the creativity that is around us, creativity needs to become a social norm again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that so many kids would rather use verious forms of technology than hands on entertainment like legos. However, I feel that we still do use our creativity more than a lot of people realize. I do agree that it has been put on hold because many people prefer to busy themselves with other things

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.