Tuesday, August 15, 2017

AF: So close to finished!

Hi Kids,

I just spent about an hour and a half going through the blog and the comments.  You know, it's a good idea for you to keep track of this stuff too.  It's easy for me to count something twice, or overlook a comment here or there, so make sure you know where you are.

If you lose count, it's OK...I am keeping track and you can trust my tally.  I'm sure I'm at least 99% correct -- that means out of 221 posts, and 585 comments, I can make 8 mistakes and still boast a 99% rate, which is pretty awesome -- (I'm sure you'd be happy with 99%) -- unless one of the 8 posts or comments is YOURS.  So if we disagree, I'll log you into my admin view, and show you how to find yourself through Google Search, and you can find your posts and comments.  It's easy, but just so you know, I am not going back to re-do.  I've already put hours into this tally sheet.

I AM ROOTING FOR YOU!

If you have started this process, and you have some time and work invested into the class, PLEASE finish.

I went into the office yesterday, and set up the box to collect your notebooks, and while I was there, I learned that the AP English classes are periods 1, 2 and 3.

Here's where we stand:

74 kids have made a start on the blog.  20 kids are finished, having written 4 posts, and 8 comments. Many of you have written much more than that!   There are still 28 kids who signed up for the blog but who haven't said anything yet.  We are in for a firestorm of posting this week.

No notebooks were waiting for me when I went in yesterday; I didn't really expect any, but over the years, I have had crazy kids bring me their notebooks a week early.

34 kids are registered with Turnitin; 19 students have turned in their Postman summaries, and 15 kids have turned in their Brave New World essays.

I am here and I am listening.  If you need help, reach out.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.