Friday, August 18, 2017

Entertainment Is Overpriced

Last weekend a  friend and I went to the fair and I noticed something as I was in the fair. Everything is overpriced . After paying to get in the foods and games were incredibly high. A meal or entree was $12.30 each , and they didn't even come with a drink or a side. The desserts were expensive too, and sometimes cost more than a meal itself. Let's not talk about the rides and games , because they were the most expensive out of it all. You were able to get 40 tickets for $20, but each ride required up to 12 tickets each. There were plenty of rides for you to get on, but if you wanted to enjoy most of them you would have to spend a pretty penny. So not only is entertainment addictive and affecting our brains but it affects our pockets. I am not saying it should be free but places like the OC Fair shouldn't rip people of ! What do you think about the prices of entertainment places? Are they overpriced to you or are they a good price for everyone?

-Brianna Elder

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you are saying because places like the OC Fair are extremely overpriced. The OC Fair is only around for a short time and I believe that this is one of the reasons the prices are so high. Due to the amount of people wanting to go the fair directors know they can up the prices and people will pay it because they want to go so badly. I too shared the same experience you did with the food and ended up spending $50 on lunch for two people. I think that the fair should lower their prices some because $13 for a hamburger is a little over the top,but in the end I don't think anything will change unless people like us stop going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prices for events such as the OC fair are usually based on the ratio of availability to demand. Since the OC fair only has a set amount of food and a huge amount of people going, they have to charge a higher price or their inventory will be cleaned out early on. I feel like charging such a high price is a necessity in order to stretch the inventory over a long period of time. I see your point, however, that corporations are jumping onto the media and pricing the heck out of it. Many sites require a subscription or some sort of payment, and micro-transactions are rampant across the internet. The way that micro-transactions are set up so that they become a necessity really bothers me and shows the greed of corporations, but in the case of the OC fair, I prices are pretty fair (lol).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.