Although this debate started around 2014, on July 12th, Ajit Pai of the United States FCC brought it back when he started to take his first step taking down net neutrality. Soon, everyone on the internet became aware and posted about it on their social media. Websites such as https://www.battleforthenet.com/ and http://sign.demandprogress.org/ started petitions to stand up for net neutrality.
As I was reading the Room for Debate on Net Neutrality, there were some other consequences that I had no idea could happen. David Gelernter, a Computer Science professor at Yale University, brought up his views and started to discuss how the ISP's (Internet Service Providers) could affect the businesses.
"If fancy service is available, then smaller, newer, riskier, more exciting companies won’t be able to afford it. Their new ideas will have one more obstacle to jump before they can even get started," Gelernter, https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/Overall, I would have to side with net neutrality. Net neutrality gives everyone freedom to do what they want on the internet. Who wants a big cable company interrupting your YouTube video by buffering, then proceed to charge you more to give you access to faster speeds? I believe the Internet should give people rights to view any site of their choosing. Do you side with net neutrality? If not, are there any cons to net neutrality?
-Genesis Alvarez
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.