Friday, August 18, 2017

What Did It All Mean?

     As I finished reading Being Alone Together, I thought about all of the Summer Homework we had to do this Summer.  I began to wonder exactly why Mrs. Fletcher made us do what we did; What was the purpose behind what she chose?  Even I'm not really sure, I understand that all the books were about the same theme, but I still don't really know the exact motives behind her choices.  If I had to guess, it would be something about looking at the world around us, and using what we see to look towards the future.
     Now that I think about it, I didn't like any of the books we had to read, I wanted to die while reading all of them.  The one I hated the least was probably Being Alone Together, but it was still a gruesome slog of a book.  However, I know other people enjoyed the books because they actually agree with their message.  I, however, don't agree with the message of the books.  The main message I took away from the books was, "Progress Is Bad".  But that's just what I took away, what did you take away?
                                                                                                            -Dylan Rankin

1 comment:

  1. I don't felt like I learned anything I previously didn't know, and whatever insights the books try to give me made me want to bash my head in because they usually were awful. My least hated book was Brave New World, The second most hated was The Shallows because it was just a guy wining about progress, and I hated amusing ourselves to death because of the reasons I hated the shallows and it was written poorly and on top of that it was extremely boring.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.