Wednesday, August 16, 2017

We Are The Millennials

Tonight my mom has showed me an interesting video about a critic named Simon Sinek discussing The Millennial Question. Before seeing this video I never knew about this question, but after hearing what it was and the whole discussion to it I was immediately captivated. The reason for my captivation is because I could relate to many of the struggles and habits that he stated throughout the video. I want to be vague throughout this first portion because I'd like you to check out the video to see if you can relate to anything Sinek has stated throughout the video, or if you think this is true.





If you did take time out your day to watch your video how much did you relate to? What is your opinion about what Sinek says about the generation that is " Praised for Being In Last Place" . My opinion is that our generation is like this completely, or at least most of the generation from 21st century and up. I see myself struggling especially when it comes to socializing because I don't socialize at all. Conversations with me are always awkward, and I could never hold one for long without getting anxious and uncomfortable. I feel disconnected from the world because I don't know how to interact with the world around me without the help of my electronic devices . That affects me not only when I'm at social events but when I'm at school too. I might have great ideas to share with the class, but never speak up because I don't know how to say it correctly. It is only when I write it down that I can gather my thoughts and form a decent sentence to share out. ( To be honest I still don't share out but I feel like if I had the confidence I could. ) Technology for me has took away my ability to see life from my own eyes instead of a digitalized one and I feel burdened and lost due to it.

-Brianna Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.