A passage of the novel that struck me the most was when the crowd was, "Draw by the fascination of the horror of pain and, from within, impelled by that habit of cooperation, that desire for unanimity and atonement, which their conditioning has so ineradicably implanted in them, they began to time the frenzy gestures, striking at one another as the savage struck at his own rebellious flesh, or at that plump incarnation of turpitude writhing in the heather at his feet" (258). This passage was very compulsive and gripping because every word brought forth an image of the scene that made the book even more exciting to finish.
What are your thoughts of this passage towards the end of the novel? Do you think that it is a well written section of the book? Did you enjoy this part of the novel or did it leave you in ruins?
- Aliya Roserie
All in all I thought the ending was very well written. And I agree with you about how the book was even more exciting to finish. I couldn't put the book down once I hit that passage.
ReplyDelete